Re: advice on changing to a non-native package

On Mon, Apr 24, 2006 at 04:52:16PM -0400, Eric Cooper wrote:
> That solves part of the problem, but the other reason is to separate
> out the Debian-specific part of the package, so it could be picked up
> more easily in the future by other distros or maintainers.

I fail to see the point with other maintainers. Being DDs they would
face the same needs you're facing now.

I do see the (tiny) point about other distros, though. IMO it is not
worth the effort to have a non-native debian package just for that.
Indeed, I consider 'tiny' this point because other distros can just
ignore the debian specific part and use everything else.