Re: Starting a transition to ocaml 3.09.2

On Tue, Apr 18, 2006 at 08:43:46 +0200, Sven Luther wrote:

> There is the issue of the rpath though, which is removed for some packages,
> but maybe not for all, and which by default sets the rpath to /usr/X11R6
> stuff.
>
> Maybe we should make sure 3.09.2 has no rpath at all, or move this rpath to
> /usr/lib or something ?
>
> Any comment ?

Fedora uses a patch to make sure ocamlmklib doesn't
set the rpath in generated libraries:
http://cvs.fedora.redhat.com/lxr/extras/source/devel/ocaml/ocaml-rpath.patch

I have never seen a case when the rpath setting was necessary, can
anyone explain what it's there for?

Julien