Re: ocaml on mips

On Sun, Mar 05, 2006 at 11:27:19AM +0000, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> * Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> [2006-03-05 09:35]:
> > > build-dependency on ocaml-native-compiler.  This means that the
> > That package is buggy and needs to be fixed. It should build-depend on
> > ocaml-best-compiler instead.
>
> Ah, I understand now.

He ...

> > > IOW, it's not a bug in that particular package I tried to build.
> > It sure is. What is this buggy's package name ?
>
> dag2html.  Looking at the sources file, I see that cdbs does the same.

cdbs is known for his brokeness anyway, in particular his handling of
debian/control targets is (or was, i hope it was fixed) is breaking the policy
saying that no build-dependency should be generated at run time. This breaks
the new ocaml packaging policy which calls for a debian/control rule which
places the correct build-dependency line for ocaml dynamically before the
first source upload, but not at each build.