Re: [Caml-list] Release 3.09.1

On Fri, Jan 06, 2006 at 03:31:14PM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> > But still before the first upload on unstable of every single package, a
> > maintainer looked and tested the package. Or at least someone is
> > supposed to do so.
> Well, i agree for 3.08.x -> 3.09.0, but do we really need that for 3.09.0 ->
> 3.09.1 transitions ? Especially if we follow suit with the test proposal, and

IMO yes, since the build dependencies need to be bumped in every package
deep enough in the build order.

> The less human intervention for drudge tasks the better, and it means human
> intervention can be focused on where it is really needed.

Minimizing human intervention is fine for me, but we need to automate
the build process using our SVN repo, not binNMUs. This way we can
rebuild everything in the repo and report inter-nos problems without
cluttering the archive.

> Notice that this way of shortening the time to rebuild everything, without
> much human effort, means we can more easily do a full rebuild, even shortly
> before the freeze date, or during the freeze if an important abi changing bug
> appears.

Would you be really ready to do such a thing before a freeze, without
human intervention? I'm quite scared of such a choice!