Re: [Caml-list] Release 3.09.1

On Wed, Jan  4, 2006 at 20:19:12 +0000, Sven Luther wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 04, 2006 at 06:51:01PM +0100, Samuel Mimram wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Unless someone objects to it, I'll package and upload OCaml 3.09.1 as
> > soon as 3.09.0 is in testing. Do you all agree with a full rebuild?
>
> Yes, but let's do it like this :
>
>   1) we wait until ocaml 3.09.1 is built and installed on all autobuilders.
>
>   2) we compose a list of all ocaml related packages.

grep-dctrl -n -FBuild-Depends,Build-Depends-Indep ocaml -sPackage \
 /var/lib/apt/lists/*_debian_dists_unstable_main_source_Sources
will give you the list.

>   3) we ask Steve to requeue all those ocaml related packages for a binNMU,
>   and file RC bugs against all those that fail.

The biggest problem won't be the packages which will fail, but those
which will build, but make broken debs. I grepped through the packages
in svn and found that the following packages are in this case (because
they will install files in /usr/lib/ocaml/3.09.0/ or hardcode 3.09.0 in
the package, while not build-depending on 3.09.0 specifically):
cairo-ocaml
calendar
equeue
facile
findlib
gmetadom
netclient
ocaml-vorbis
ocamldbi
ocamlnet
ocamlsdl
postgresql-ocaml
pxp
ulex
xstr

The following packages will need a source upload as well (because their
build-deps won't work with 3.09.1):
ara
bibtex2html
cduce
felix
hlins
hevea
mlgmp
mysql-ocaml
ocaml-getopt
ocaml-tools
ocamlagrep
ocamlcreal
ocamlweb
otags
pagodacf
perl4caml
planets
regexp-pp
spamoracle

All other lib packages seem to allow for binNMUs for this kind of
transition, and there are other packages I didn't look at yet (mostly
packages containing an ocaml program, which will need a rebuild if it
isn't built with ocamlc -custom on architectures lacking ocamlopt.

Cheers,
Julien