Re: ocaml 3.09.0 and word from the RMs ...

On Wed, Nov 02, 2005 at 01:36:21PM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> Ok, i modified both ledit and ocaml so they don't have hard-coded 3.09.0 all
> over, please have a look at what i did and comment.

I had a look at your work, some minor comments:
1) what does the "F:" prefix mean?
2) caseness: I think "Ocaml" is quite uncommon and will lead to errors,
   either choose the lowercase version "f:ocamlabi" or the correct cased
   one "F:OCamlABI". Better to have it right from the beginning.
3) in ocaml's debian/control you have:

    Provides: ocaml-nox-${F:OcamlABI} ${F:BestProvides}, libnums-ocaml-dev

   there's no need to avoid the comma between the two subst var,
   dpkg-gencontrol is able to add/remove it where needed.

If you agree and like I can fix (2) and (3) in the affected packages.