Re: ocaml 3.09.0 and word from the RMs ...

Hello,

On Fri, Oct 28, 2005 at 09:10:43AM +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 28, 2005 at 09:00:06AM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> > This could be something we should do right now, indeed, lablgtk1 and mlgtk
> > will die. We will see what we do about them later on, if we want to keep them
> > for users or something. Maybe it would be good if someone did a query about
> > their usage on the caml list.
>
> I don't think anyone is still using lablgtk1, since noone seems to be
> still using gtk1. I'm worried about cameleon since I do not know the
> status of the gtk2 version.
>
> Sylvain:
> 1) is gtk2 cameleon in an usable shape?

Maxence Guesdon told me that he was not fully confident about it. I
think it should be ok.

> 2) are you willing to package it and able to do it in a time such that
>    users wont miss the old one?

Yes, i have already begin to package some additional dependency
(xml-light). I have made some progress on it, but i want to clean it a
bit, in order to use dh_ocaml with it. I think in a week there will be a
package...

Regard
Sylvain Le Gall