cduce

On Fri, Oct 28, 2005 at 04:54:32PM +0200, Thomas Petazzoni wrote:
> > Have you read my answer of yesterday on that topic?
> Yes I did, but I wondered whether the future upload of 3.09.0 did change
> or not what I should do. Anyway, I'll ask upstream developers concerning
> the bug encountered on IA64 and ARM.

The only way to know is to try rebuilding cduce on IA64/ARM but this
would in turn require to rebuild all its dependencies with the same
compiler. Since no automatic rebuilding do exist for experimental it is
better to wait ocaml 3.09 to hit unstable, since otherwise it would be
painful to do it by hand.

Unfortunately, even willing, you can't do that since only DDs have
access to ARM/IA64 Debian machines. Regarding other DDs doing that for
you it would be possible, but I frankly think that the transition is
higher in our priorities right now.

Therefore you choose:
- get in touch with upstream to know if they have clues about the build
  failure
- wait for ocaml and cduce dependencies to enter unstable, upload a new
  cduce version via sponsoring, and see what happens on ARM/IA64