Re: ocaml 3.09.0 and word from the RMs ...

On Fri, Oct 28, 2005 at 03:38:08PM +0200, Thomas Petazzoni wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sven Luther wrote:
>
> > So, it would be nice if all of you checked your packages, and saw if there is
> > a problem and added it here, and for the approx, cduce, occurl, geneweb, ...
> > maintainers to come forward and decide whether it should go in (and possibly
> > be fast-tracked), or if we go with 3.09.0 for them.
>
> Sorry for asking stupid questions, but I'm still not really experienced
> concerning Debian packaging. What should I do with CDuce ?
>
> Currently, it doesn't compile on Alpha (bug #335578), ARM and IA64
> (unknown reason at the moment) with the Ocaml compiler in unstable.

Well the question is the following :

  1) is the version in sarge ok, and is it even in sarge ?

  2) is the version in etch/testing ok ?

  3) if not, do you think our users can live with temporarily a broken cduce
  on these architectures ?

Notice that gcc-4.0 4.0.2-3 seems to be broken right now, at least for
kernels.

I personally feel that we should go for 3), forget about those bugs for now,
and fix them for the upcoming 3.09.0 packages, which you may start building
using the ocaml in experimental.