Re: [request for help] lablgl && xorg

El Viernes, 29 de Julio de 2005 13:48, Stefano Zacchiroli escribió:
> lablgl (OpenGL bindings for OCaml) FTBFS with X.org, in order to make it
> build properly I made the following changes to the package (already
> committed in svn):
>
>    * debian/Makefile.config
>      - added -lXxf86vm to XLIBS, fixes FTBFS with xorg
>    * debian/control
>      - added build-dep on libxxf86vm-dev
>      - added dep from -dev to libxxf86vm-dev
>
> Without the -lXxf86vm the linker failed complaining about a missing
> symbol (XF86VidModeQueryVersion IIRC).
>
> I will be grateful to people of the X strike force if they can comment
> on my changes: are them completely dumb or are them indeed needed for
> properly rebuild packages against X.org?

	Hello, Stefano. In surface, your changes seem valid to me. In fact, it is
recommended to not Build-Depend on xlibs-dev, but on the individual -dev
packages. This is not a matter of X.Org, but evolution of the development
packages.

	You have detected this issue because the xlibs-dev was not properly updated
for -4 and before, and you needed one of those missing -dev packages.

	Please avoid xlibs-dev dependency in the future. It is a dummy package to be
removed.

	Best regards,

		Ender.
--
- I didn't come here to play poom-bow on the radio. So tomorrow from
  5 to 7 you're gonna give yourself a hand, green?