Re: other changes to the ocaml package, meta packages

On Sat, Jul 23, 2005 at 10:13:35PM +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> While we are at the ocaml package, what about providing real meta
> packages ocaml-3.08.3, ocaml-nox-3.08.3, and so on? I know it's a bug in
> apt which should be able to handle properly virtual dependencies when
> provided by more than one package. I also know that there are no
> problems with current autobuilders.
>
> But still, our current solution make compilation fail if there are (for

I am against it, since what we do is an elegant solution to the problem, and
we should push the bug against apt and whatever other tools that break
instead.

There have been talks in debconf'05 about having more packages use this trick,
so now would be a nice time to push this.