Re: DHelp

On Wed, May 25, 2005 at 08:33:25PM +0200, Ralf Treinen wrote:
> On Wed, May 25, 2005 at 06:44:52PM +0200, Christophe TROESTLER wrote:
>
> > It would be nice if all OCaml packages were using consistently either
> > "devel" (as "OCaml ExtLib API reference", "OCaml OUnit API Reference")
> > or "programming" (as "OCaml MySql API documentation", "OCaml PCRE API
> > documentation",...) as their "<directory>" for their DHelp
> > documentation.
>
> I would say that these two belong rather into the section programming.
> Can you please submit a bug report with priority "minor"?

After having sent this mail I had a look at the documentation :-) :

The doc-base manual says about the "section" field: this should follow
the sections outlined in The Debian Menu sub-policy. Looking up
the section list in the Menu Policy I found that
- there is no "development" section listed there
- the "programming" section is described as "debuggers etc." but doesn't
  talk about programming language and library documentation.

I guess someone has to overhaul the structure of the documents under
doc-base.

-Ralf.