Re: [Caml-list] Debian apt-proxy/apt-cacher replacement

On Sun, Mar 13, 2005 at 11:14:08AM -0500, Eric Cooper wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 13, 2005 at 12:19:43PM +0100, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> > On Sun, Mar 13, 2005 at 10:05:52AM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> > > If nobody does it, i will package approx, but ocaml-http doesn't even seem to
> > > be in the ocaml svn repo.
> >
> > It is not on svn since I do not keep there my own packages. ocaml-http
> > has already been packages and uploaded, it is stuck in NEW.
>
> And approx is in http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~ecc/debian/
> I've been compiling it with a locally-built version of ocaml-http from
> Zack's home page.
>
> BTW, I would be happy to help with building packages for the proposed
> ocaml repository on both i368 and ppc archs.

Eric, i was about to upload the approx package, since i have been using it
since a couple weeks, but noticed that syslog-ocaml was not in the archive,
nor in the NEW queue. Do you know if it was already uploaded, or not ? In the
later case i would upload both of them.

Also, what is your preference for the maintainer/uploader fields ? You as
maintainer and me as uploader, or the debian/ocaml task force as maintainer
and me as uploader ? I am not sure you will directly get bug reports in the
second case, but they will go to the debian-ocaml-maint mailing list, where
you could get them.

Also, it mostly worked fine, but that little problem you mentioned apparently
caused debian|ubuntu-installer to barf when doing the base-install, and since
it has not-nice error recovery mode ... Hand going in the chroot and doing an
apt-get update did install the problematic packages, but this is not enough
for the installer. Any idea of what this problem is.

Also, i was wondering if a router could be setup in such a way to
transparently redirect a call to the archive to a call to approx, but this
seems complicated to me, since we don't really have apt-get specific protocol
or something to filter.