Re: [damien.doligez@inria.fr: [Caml-list] announcement: Objective Caml 3.08.3]

On Thu, Mar 17, 2005 at 03:31:09PM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> Oh well, it is a month after i was told about it, and i wonder if now is the
> time for a full migration or not. I don't have time today, but will work on a
> experimental (or not uploaded or whatever) set of packages tomorrow.
>
> I think we should investigate, and decide by this WE if we are going to try
> for 3.08.3 or not, given how near we are to the sarge release and all.
>
> I personally feel that it may not possible to do this at this time, but will
> speak with vorlon about it and report back.
>
> Could each of you experiment a bit with their packages once i made 3.08.3
> available and tell us how it went ?
>
> We need a full ocaml-3.08 -> ocaml-3.08.3 upgrade path.
>
> (Notice that Xavier told me that shipping with 3.08.2 would be ok for them, as
> it is not all that severly broken, but this was a month and a half ago).

Well, i just finished building a 3.08.3 package (without the
ocaml-3.08->3.08.3 change). It builds fine out of the
packages/ocaml/branch/ocaml-3.08.3 branch.

On another side, i spoke with Andreas Barth (assistant-RM), and it seems the
release is almost at hand, with a possible freeze date around the end of
march together with the debian-installer rc3 release.

So i believe that this will make it impossible for us to make this happen in a
timely fashion for the autobuilders, so an unnoficial repository for those
packages on our alioth project would maybe be possible.