Re: ocurl fails to build ...

On Sun, Mar 13, 2005 at 11:34:42AM -0500, Eric Cooper wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 13, 2005 at 11:22:13AM -0500, Eric Cooper wrote:
> > On Sun, Mar 13, 2005 at 04:07:38PM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> > > I tried to build ocurl, and the examples as well as the approx build failed
> > > with :
> > >
> > >   ocamlc -c -I .. ocurl.ml -o ocurl.cmo
> > >   ocamlc -I .. -ccopt -L.. curl.cma ocurl.cmo -o ocurl
> > >   Error on dynamically loaded library: /usr/lib/libcurl.so.3: undefined symbol: tld_strerror
> > >
> > > any idea on what is going on ?
> >
> > This seems to be a problem between sarge and sid versions of libcurl3.
> > I had no problems when building with libcurl3 7.13.0-2, but when I installed
> > 7.13.1-1 from sid, I got the same error message.
>
> A little more investigation shows that the newer libcurl3 needs a
> function from the latest libidn11, so it's a dependency bug in that
> package.  It's already in the BTS as #299319.

Which is severe, and has been fixed by the 0.5.13-1.0 upload of libidn11
today, will probably be in the archive tomorrow, or maybe already in incoming,
yep, but no powerpc there, building it here.

Eric, would you mind maintaining the approx package in the ocaml svn, at least
the debian part, and i will make the upload of it. It would be cool if you did
comaintainership of it or something, but i guess that once the package is
uploaded, maintainership of the debian part should be minimal.

Thanks for your help on this.