[Fwd: Re: Subscription to the mailing list of HEVEA users]

Dear Folks,

Please see the forwarded e-mail between me and the author of HeVeA.

I would like to find out if you would be kind enough to package the beta tarball as a Debian package. That would be very kind, but I realize that you have your own schedules as well.

Please advise me whether a Debian package of the beta is likely soon; otherwise, I will have to install the tarball in my /usr/local tree.

Thank you.

--Chandra
  07 Mar 05
------------------
Dr R (Chandra) Chandrasekhar
Adjunct Senior Lecturer
M018, Centre for Intelligent Information Processing Systems (CIIPS)
School of Electrical, Electronic and Computer Engineering
The University of Western Australia
35 Stirling Highway, Crawley, WA 6009, AUSTRALIA
Phone: +61-(8)-6488-1905  Fax: +61-(8)-6488-1168
email: chandra@ee.uwa.edu.au
CRICOS Provider Code: 00126G
> response is attached, but in the absence of a password, I cannot
> communicate with the mailing list.
I do not manage this list, which I must admit is not very active.
You can mail me anyway.

> Anyway, here are my two questions:
>
> (1) Why does HEVEA not translate \TeX in the same way it handles \LaTeX?
>  Is there something I can do to work around this?  (By the way, tth
> does present both \LaTeX *and* \TeX correctly, but I think that HEVEA
> beats tth in providing visually pleasing spacing.)

That's a mistake of mine. I simply forgot \TeX. I correct this in the
beta version immediately.

> (2) The double quote pair ``xxx'' shows up as ``xxx'' in HTML with
> HEVEA.  Again, with tth, the HTML code appears as "xxx" which does look
> visually more pleasing.  Is this behaviour achievable with HEVEA, e.g.,
> with CLI switches?
This misbehavoir is corrected in the 'beta' version, available as
source only.
<ftp://ftp.inria.fr/INRIA/moscova/hevea/unstable>

> You have a great package; please keep up the good work.
>
> Thank you.
>
> --Chandra
>   06 Mar 05
> ------------------
> Dr R (Chandra) Chandrasekhar
> Adjunct Senior Lecturer
> M018, Centre for Intelligent Information Processing Systems (CIIPS)
> School of Electrical, Electronic and Computer Engineering
> The University of Western Australia
> 35 Stirling Highway, Crawley, WA 6009, AUSTRALIA
> Phone: +61-(8)-6488-1905  Fax: +61-(8)-6488-1168
> email: chandra@ee.uwa.edu.au
> CRICOS Provider Code: 00126G

Thank you for reporting these problems with hevea.

-- Luc

--- End Message ---