Re: Building and cleaning the manual in advi

Hello,
On Sat, Feb 12, 2005 at 05:33:16PM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> > I will sort these issues before uploading though, and thanks for the
> > tremendous job you did on this.

Thanks.

> BTW, i am looking it over, but will not be able to finish this evening, will
> have to wait for it tomorrow. BTW, htmlc is a html generator program written
> by Pierre Weiss :
>
>   http://pauillac.inria.fr/htmlc/
>
> And it is under the old INRIA licence which is non-free. I will speak with
> Pierre next week and see if he may be willing to change the licence. Remember
> me the other issues i would need to ask him about regarding advi ?

*)How to replace $version in the man page
*)Maybe update man page as suggested in my patch, also including the
  points I left open (e.g., usage of a space before ":"). Maybe you
  can show him the man page version we use now (including my patch)
  and my bug report (all issues are labled a) b) c) ..) and ask him
  about the opinion on each.
*)How does he like the style files in the examples to be synced with
  the original? Did he include them for convenience only, or does he
  expect significant breakage?
*)Ask him how to compile mon_seminar (see fix_mon_seminar.dpatch for
  my crude fix)
*)Ask him if bubble.tex is missing on purpuse (referenced in one
  makefile, see no_bubble.dpatch)
*)The manual claims to use an index, but only one item is marked with
  \index, and there is no makeindex call to actually write the index,
  hence it is completely empty
*)The "missing" video
*)A list of tools to regenerate the tar ball would be nice to include
  (also for other packagers), like the location of htmlc you just
  mentioned. Right now we cannot regenerate the tar ball after make
  clean. Even better would be, if the tar ball would be like after a
  make clean call, but this might not be desirable?

If I recollect correctly, that's it.

Thanks

        Helge

--