Re: [ocaml-http] Debian apt-proxy/apt-cacher replacement

On Tue, Feb 01, 2005 at 01:24:18PM -0500, Eric C. Cooper wrote:
> Thanks, the new interface is all I need now for HTTP methods.  But I
> also need FTP methods for some repositories, and maybe also HTTPS,
> preferably with a consistent interface.  Libcurl gives me this "for
> free".

Ok, I can consider adding HTTPS support, but not in the near future.
Regarding FTP it would be easy to implement, but it wont definitely be
part of ocaml-http, I would have to change the name :)

> BTW, approx is already packaged (i.e., there's a debian/ directory and
> the package builds without any error from lintian/linda).  But I'm a

BTW, for people interested in packaging approx: I could made a release
if needed and even upload an official debian package. Regarding libcurl,
Enrico Tassi, a guy interested in maintaining ocaml debian packages
currently in the NM process, has uploaded a few days ago the debian
package of ocurl. But we need to wait the manual processing by the ftp
masters since it is a new package.