Re: [Caml-list] Wishes for an easy install of Ocaml

On Fri, Dec 24, 2004 at 12:04:33PM +0100, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 24, 2004 at 09:58:58AM +0100, Philippe Lelédy wrote:

> > but it is not enough, adding some obscure lines to .emacs is necessary
> > b/c the old Caml mode is effective by default but Tuareg is not. Time
> > spent to explain that is very counter-productive to Unix new-bies.
> > Debian tuareg-mode does half the job by adding tuareg-mode directory to
> > emacs load-path, but manual addition of (load "append-tuareg") is still
> > necessary.
>
> I'm not an expert Emacs user, but this issue is definitely related to
> the tuareg-mode debian package.  You can get in touch with that package
> maintainer and/or file a whishlist bug report against it in order to
> automate the emacs configuration.
>
> Ralf (or someone else of the debian ocaml maintainer with Emacs skill),
> could you please comment on this and other emacs related needs which
> could possibly by automated on tuareg-mode installation?

We had this dicussion already earlier on this list. At that time we
agreed *not* to activate automaticallt tuareg-mode for *.ml* files
since the ocaml package provids another emacs mode for editing
.ml files. Hence, the decision at that time was that the user shoulde
decide for himself which emacs mode he wans to use.

-Ralf.