Re: Ara and FTP-masters

On Wed, Dec 01, 2004 at 11:56:02PM +0100, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> Hmm, evil mind starting to wind up....
>
> Get 0.4 into sarge and then open RC bugs that the new one fixes. Added
> incentive to get it out of NEW.
>
> ...evild mind spinning down.
>

> But seriously:
>
> ara 	2004-11-27	1.0.5a	Oguz Berke Durak <berke-dev@ouvaton.org>
>
> Do you realy thing 4 days is grounds for complains? Anything between a
> week and two is perfectly normal. Once the security and t-p-u
> infrastructure stands there will be at least a week (if it wasnt 16
> days) grace period before the freeze. That should be ample time to
> kick (friendly) some ftp-masters into processing it.

Actually I was not complaining (for 4 days as you say) but I was worried
that motivating some people would be necessary (since George talked about
sponsoring, etc. two months ago when I hurried up to finish ara) to get
it in Sarge.

So if I understand right, a) there is hope to see it in Sarge b) just wait
a week or two, c) and then hint some carefully chosen people that it
would be nice to have ara & xara >=1.0.5b instead of 0.4.

> And if it realy happens to be stuck in NEW for month and misses the
> sarge freeze I'm sure the RMs will be understanding and squeeze it
> throught the freeze barrier.

OK

Well thanks for the reply.
--