Re: Ara and FTP-masters

Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> writes:

> On Wed, Dec 01, 2004 at 02:35:50PM +0100, Berke Durak wrote:

>> > Ara is in NEW, and will be so for an indetermined time, which means that it
>> > may miss the sarge freeze, which will happen as soon as the t-p-u security
>> > infrastucture is in place. But then it could happen that we have to wait >6
>> > month or such.
>> >
>> > Friendly,
>> >
>> > Sven Luther
>>
>> Well...  anyway as long as it gets in the APT, it's okay.  BTW since ara
>> 0.4 is in unstable, won't that help ?  I hope 0.4 doesn't get into Sarge,
>> it really sucks.
>
> No, since you have xara, which is new.
>
> Friendly,
>
> Sven Luther

Hmm, evil mind starting to wind up....

Get 0.4 into sarge and then open RC bugs that the new one fixes. Added
incentive to get it out of NEW.

...evild mind spinning down.

But seriously:

ara 	2004-11-27	1.0.5a	Oguz Berke Durak <berke-dev@ouvaton.org>

Do you realy thing 4 days is grounds for complains? Anything between a
week and two is perfectly normal. Once the security and t-p-u
infrastructure stands there will be at least a week (if it wasnt 16
days) grace period before the freeze. That should be ample time to
kick (friendly) some ftp-masters into processing it.

And if it realy happens to be stuck in NEW for month and misses the
sarge freeze I'm sure the RMs will be understanding and squeeze it
throught the freeze barrier.

MfG
        Goswin