Re: ocaml-libs conflicts with apache2-*-dev

On Mon, Nov 29, 2004 at 10:22:35PM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 29, 2004 at 10:11:20PM +0100, Berke Durak wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Due to a dependency on libdb3, which conflicts with libdb4.2, it is not
> > possible to install apache2 development stuff (required for mod_ocaml,
> > which is not yet packaged) and ocaml-libs.
> >
> > quatre# apt-get install ocaml-libs
> > Reading Package Lists... Done
> > Building Dependency Tree... Done
> > The following extra packages will be installed:
> >   libcamlimages-ocaml-dev libdb3-dev libglade-gnome0-dev libgnome-dev liblablgtk-ocaml-dev
> > Suggested packages:
> >   db3-doc glade libzvt-dev gnome-common libcamlimages-ocaml-doc
> > The following packages will be REMOVED:
> >   apache2-threaded-dev libapr0-dev libdb4.2-dev
> > The following NEW packages will be installed:
> >   libcamlimages-ocaml-dev libdb3-dev libglade-gnome0-dev libgnome-dev liblablgtk-ocaml-dev ocaml-libs
> > 0 upgraded, 6 newly installed, 3 to remove and 1 not upgraded.
> > Need to get 0B/3682kB of archives.
> > After unpacking 10.8MB of additional disk space will be used.
> > Do you want to continue? [Y/n]
>
> Do you know exactly which ocaml package depends on libdb3-dev ? And cqan you
> fill a formal bug report about this ?

Well, this is a problem we cannot fix right now, since the libdb3 dependency
comes from the old gnome 1 libs. I think the only way to solve this is to
either remove gnome support from the lablgtk1 libraries, or get ride of
lablgtk1 altogether. The later is not an option since cameleon, mlglade,
camlimages and unison still depends on it, well, camlimages is only in the
list because of cameleon, if i remember well.

Did not these project make an effort to get ride of lablgtk1 by now ?