Re: [ara] Tagged 1.0.3 (rev. 781)

On Monday 01 November 2004 12:07, Sven Luther wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 01, 2004 at 10:06:03AM +0100, Berke Durak wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > 1.0.3 includes everything in the changelog (see below),
> > plus a fix for a small CLI inconvenience.
> >
> > Before uploading these to Debian, we need :
> >   - The official maintainer of ara is Thomas.  George has not
> > official maintainer status.  Could you two solve this issue ?
> > (Maybe Thomas could make George a co-maintainer, or maybe Sven
> > could be a co-maintainer)
>
> Why not make it a debian-ocaml-maint maintained package, or a
> <special-ara-list> once i open it on alioth ?

Agreed. I also suggest to have in ara's debian/control the following:

Maintainer: Debian OCaml Maint <debian-ocaml-maint@lists.debian.org>
Uploaders: some official DD

> >   - To decide what to do with xara.1 ; I suggest a very small
> >   man page telling the user to go read ara(1) instead
>
> or have xara be a LNK to the ara manpage. See the ocamlc.opt manpage on how
> it is done.

We will see that. Since xara-gtk does not Depends: on ara we should do that
for each binary package.

> >   - Ara should suggest a pager (less or more) and a2ps
> >   - Xara should suggest a2ps
>
> Whyever that ?

since, ara might take use of /etc/alternatives/pager

-pager (-nopager)
              Use (or don't use) a pager displaying long output in interactive
mode.  The pager command  is defined  in  the  configuration file
$HOME/.ara/ara.config.  By default this is /etc/alternatives/pager.  The
pager is only used when the output size exceeds the terminal height.

and all pagers are not in section:base and with low priorities. I also think
it is a good idea to Suggest: a pager or you have anything else in mind ?

--
pub 4096R/0E4BD0AB  2003-03-18  <keyserver.bu.edu ; pgp.mit.edu>
fingerprint 1AE7 7C66 0A26 5BFF DF22 5D55 1C57 0C89 0E4B D0AB