Re: ara 1.0.3 prerelease (rev. 778)

On Sunday 31 October 2004 20:18, Berke Durak wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I've polished ara somewhat.  If some people can test it, it would be nice.

I tested rev. 779 a little bit and did not see any problems not to tag and
release 1.0.3. If other users have no any further considerations you nay tag
the tree and then I'll upload the new 1.0.3 packages at:
ftp://ftp.uni-sofia.bg/debian-addons-bg/

> There remains the question of what to put in the xara.1 manual page.

Hm, you are right that it is difficult to maintain two man pages.
I see two solutions here:
a) to maintain a really simple xara.1 manpage describing the differences
between ara and xara, if any.
b) xara.1 to be an exact copy of ara.1 manpage

> Changelog:
>
> ara (1.0.3) unstable; urgency=low
>
>   Changes by Berke Durak:
>
>   * Added Debver module for correctly comparing Debian version numbers.
>   * Uses Debver to filter old versions when -coalesce is set.
>   * Redid menu layout.
>   * Cleaned-up GUI code.
>   * Added menu accelerators and mnemonics.
>   * Added a "Newest only" check box.
>   * Rewritten ara.1 manual page and included ledit manual page.
>   * Changed makefiles to use bytecode compiler by default and to strip
> executables. * Added version.ml.
>   * Automatic config file creation.
>   * Config files are now in ~/.ara
>   * CLI: added #memory and #compact, #install, #remove.
>   * Fixed zombies and SIGPIPE problem with pager.
>   * Added #fields (equivalent to #set -fields) ; now warns about
> non-existent fields.
>
>   Changes by George Danchev:
>
>   * Add control.smart: trying to port the idea of spamoracle packaging
> approach - xara-gtk: remove ocaml-base-3.08 from Depends:
>     - xara-gtk-byte: change ocaml-base-3.08 to ocaml-base-nox-3.08 in
> Depends: - remove ocaml-nox-3.08, ocaml-interp from Build-Depends:
>   * Add rules.smart:
>     - handle installs for ara, ara-byte, xara-gtk, xara-gtk-byte
>
> PS. George, most of your wishes have been granted !  (Except for word
> wrapping in the field widget, which is difficult to do).

What is the difference between the left and the right widget, except that the
left one has two columns ... is that the problem for word wrapping there ?
Thanks for your improvements.

Btw, what is preffered: to have a separate mailing list for ara on alioth or
to use the debian-ocaml-maint one for discussing ara ?

--
pub 4096R/0E4BD0AB  2003-03-18  <keyserver.bu.edu ; pgp.mit.edu>
fingerprint 1AE7 7C66 0A26 5BFF DF22 5D55 1C57 0C89 0E4B D0AB