Re: Accepted mldonkey 2.5.28-1 (powerpc source)

On Fri, Aug 27, 2004 at 05:41:42PM +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 27, 2004 at 08:02:13AM -0400, Sylvain Le Gall wrote:
> > Changes:
> >  mldonkey (2.5.28-1) unstable; urgency=high
>
> Please avoid in the future such uploads, using urgency=high with a new
> upstream release and a lot of changes like those described in your
> changelog is an abuse.
>
> I understand the desire to see a package in testing, but raise the
> urgency is reasonable only for minor changes.
>
> Cheers.

Hello,

Sorry, for this upload, let me defend me a bit : at the time i use this
urgrency, i was thinking that mldonkey was the last package blocking
ocaml. It is the reason i use such an urgency.

I know, that this release is not worth a urgency=high, and i have
discussed this matter with Sven on #debian-ocaml-maint. We come to the
conclusion, that if there is another RC bugs against mldonkey before
Sarge release, we will use an older release ( ie 2.5.16g ), patch it
enough to compile with ocaml 3.08 and upload to testing-proposed-update
( maybe it is a bit confused -- or wrong, if Sven want to give more
details, or correction ).

So, again i am sorry to have used this urgency, i was just believing
that i was the last to upload ocaml package and block all other
package...

Kind regard
Sylvain Le Gall