ocaml-base-nox-3.08

On Mon, Aug 09, 2004 at 04:15:14PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> > Hmmm ... a bit strange that it wants tcl and tk installed.  Why would
> > libdbi-ocaml depend on ocaml-base?
> I suppose that the dependency should be on ocaml-base-nox. Not sure. It is
> either libdbi-ocaml or libpcre-ocaml which pull it in.
>
> A bit of checking shows :
>
> Package: libpcre-ocaml
> Maintainer: Stefano Zacchiroli <zack@debian.org>
> Version: 5.08.1-1
> Depends: ocaml-base-3.08, libc6 (>= 2.3.2.ds1-4), libpcre3 (>= 4.5)

Indeed, my fault. During the last rush of updates to my packages I
changed "ocaml" dependencies to "ocaml-nox", but I did not do the same
for "ocaml-base" ones. Thus most of my packages still needs X related
shared objects which, I guess, in turn needs a lot of X libraries.

This is the full list of packages which still depends on
ocaml-base-3.08:

  zack@fistandantilus:~$ apt-cache showpkg ocaml-base-3.08
  Package: ocaml-base-3.08
  Versions:

  Reverse Depends:
    planets,ocaml-base-3.08
    ocaml,ocaml-base-3.08
    libwlexing-ocaml,ocaml-base-3.08
    libpostgresql-ocaml,ocaml-base-3.08
    libpgsql-ocaml,ocaml-base-3.08
    libpcre-ocaml,ocaml-base-3.08
    libmlgtk-ocaml,ocaml-base-3.08
    liblablgtkmathview-ocaml,ocaml-base-3.08
    liblablgtk2-ocaml,ocaml-base-3.08
    liblablgtk-ocaml,ocaml-base-3.08
    liblablgl-ocaml,ocaml-base-3.08
    libgdome2-xslt-ocaml,ocaml-base-3.08
    libgdome2-ocaml,ocaml-base-3.08
    libeditex-ocaml,ocaml-base-3.08
    libcamlimages-ocaml,ocaml-base-3.08
    ara,ocaml-base-3.08

My packages included in this list are: wlexing, postgresql, pgsql, pcre,
lablgtkmathvieew, gdome2-xslt, gdome2 and editex. They shared objects
part of those package need to be changed to depend on ocaml-base-nox.

[ Please note that two of them (namely lablgtkmathview and editex) will
  still bring X dependencies via gtk dependencies. ]

I'm back from vacation and I've just finished reading d-o-m archives. It
seems to me that ocaml knot of packages will manually enter testing in a
few days or so. My idea is to wait for this to happen and then upload
fixed version of the packages, I doubt that they will be ready for sarge
(due to chained build dependencies), but I prefer not to risk to mess up
ocaml 3.08 testing entrance.

Comments?

What about packages other then mine in the above list? Do they really
need to depends on ocaml-base?