Re: Coq ne compile plus avec ocaml 3.08.1

On Fri, Aug 20, 2004 at 08:39:16AM +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:
> > La compilation de coq ne passe plus avec ocaml 3.08.1, sans doute à
> > cause des modifications de camlp4 (camlp4 parsing of patterns now
> > conforms to normal parsing (PR#3015) ?).
>
> Thankfully, that release was supposed to be a bugfix release.

Well, it was.

> In my mind, this would mean that the new software is supposed to avoid
> breaking anything.....

Well, i am under the impression that ocaml 3.08 did occasion some breakage
that coq worked around, and that this breakage was now reverted, but the fix
not yet removed.

> Looks like ocaml developers and I do not share the same views on
> stable releases....
>
> Of course, I deeply fear what will happen for the geneweb
> compilation. I just avoided it to be dropped out from sarge because it
> didn't compile anymore with 3.08 : I don't want this to happen again.

Thanks. geneweb is already built on most arches, except : arm, m68k, mips and
mipsel. That said, you uploaded with urgency low, which would mean that you
won't make the deadline, you should have done it with urgency=medium, but i
suppose we can ask the RMs to hint it in. Maybe you can ask vorlon or Kamion
next you meet them on irc or something such ?

I am building geneweb with 3.08.1, and it appears to have passed without
problem, at least it is compiled and is now in the po generating phase, no
done already.