To: caml Caml <caml-list@inria.fr>
From: Damien Doligez <damien.doligez@inria.fr>
Subject: [Caml-list] Objective Caml version 3.08.1

Hello,

This is to announce the availability of Objective Caml 3.08.1.

This is mainly a bug-fix release; see below for the list of changes.
In addition to bug fixes, we have slightly relaxed the licencing
conditions, and clarified the licence for the emacs (*.el) files.
These changes, prompted by discussions with the Debian legal team,
consist in the removal of two problematic clauses in the QPL. This
new licence is thus slightly less constraining than the old version.

Only the source is available at the moment.  We will provide some
binaries in the near future.

It is available at http://caml.inria.fr/ocaml/distrib.html

-- Damien Doligez for the Caml Team

Objective Caml 3.08.1:
----------------------

Licence:
- The emacs files are now under GPL
- Slightly relaxed some conditions of the QPL

Bug fixes:
- ld.conf now generated at compile-time instead of install-time
- fixed -pack on Windows XP (PR#2935)
- fixed Obj.tag (PR#2946)
- added support for multiple dlopen in Darwin
- run ranlib when installing camlp4 libraries (PR#2944)
- link camlp4opt with -linkall (PR#2949)
- camlp4 parsing of patterns now conforms to normal parsing (PR#3015)
- install camlp4 *.cmx files (PR#2955)
- fixed handling of linefeed in string constants in camlp4 (PR#3074)
- ocamldoc: fixed display of class parameters in HTML and LaTeX
(PR#2994)
- ocamldoc: fixed display of link to class page in html (PR#2994)
- Windows toplevel GUI: assorted fixes (including PR#2932)

Misc:
- added -v option to ocamllex
- ocamldoc: new -intf and -impl options supported (PR#3036)