Re: Stop uploading NEW packages

[sorry for breaking the thread]

>On Wed, Aug 18, 2004 at 10:38:18AM +0200, Jérôme Marant wrote:
>>
>> Sven,
>>
>> Please act as a responsible person and stop uploading new packages
>> into the archive. Those packages can wait for sarge+1, you know this.
>
>Sure, and what is the problem for that ? If they are not ready for sarge, then
>they are not ready, as long as they stay in unstable, there is no problem, or
>am i missing something ?

Are you sure having more packages doesn't make more difficult the ocaml
transition?

>> Sarge is scheduled for september and adding new packages, just like
>> pagodacf you uploaded yesterday does not help our release, and adds
>> potential new bugs.
>
>In what way does it pose a problem ? It is just unstable. If these packages
>are not built in time, or buggy, they will not transition to sarge, no harm
>done.

My wonderings are about making the transition quicker, and not packages
not entering testing.

I hope you didn't feel offended. Please accept my apologies if so.
ocaml 3.08 is still not in testing, and various reasons can prevent it
to do so.

Jérôme Marant