Re: Upgrading libdbi-ocaml-dev in unstable brings in lots and lots of packages ...

On Mon, Aug 09, 2004 at 06:20:49PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> Well, the correct way would be to either reduce the dependencies of
> libmysql-ocaml[-dev] or even reduce the dependencies of the mysql stuff
> itself, or split it in a nox package or something.

It sounds to me as if there are two 'correct' approaches (not that I'm
an expert on Debian policy or anything ...):

(1) Use Suggests instead of Depends.

(2) Split up the libdbi-ocaml-dev package into a main package and a bunch
    of packages containing each dbi_*.{cmo,mli} pair.

Rich.

PTHRLIB is a library for writing small, efficient and fast servers in C.
HTTP, CGI, DBI, lightweight threads: http://www.annexia.org/freeware/pthrlib/