Re: Upgrading libdbi-ocaml-dev in unstable brings in lots and lots of packages ...

On Mon, Aug 09, 2004 at 08:49:19AM -0500, John Goerzen wrote:
> This could have something to do with it.  Anyway, apt-get can show you
> the reasons for these actions, but I don't know the specific incantation
> right off the top of my head.  I believe that mysql is what pulls in all
> that graphic crap.

Yes, I've been chasing the thread of packages now ...

I think that the driver packages should be "suggests" rather than
"depends".  The dbi.cma -> dbi.cma + dbi_*.cmo split in 0.9.9 should
ensure that this will work.  Of course if someone actually tries to
use 'dbi_postgres.cmo', then they will need to install the driver
(libpgsql-ocaml-dev) by hand.

Rich.

http://www.winwinsales.co.uk/ - CRM improvement consultancy