Re: Ocaml 3.08.0-2 ready to enter testing, hold back by 54+4 packages.

On Sat, Aug 07, 2004 at 09:27:21PM -0500, John Goerzen wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 07, 2004 at 11:08:00AM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> > > I have no reason to believe that this will fail to build with 3.09.
> >
> > John, can you make in all urgency a new upload of ounit, to stop it from
> > entering testing ? I asked Julien to fill a bug report in the meantime.
>
> I have uploaded a new package.  But I'm not sure why we should prevent
> it from entering testing?  That will block missinglib, which will block
> dfsbuild...

Because in testing there is ocaml 3.07, and there is no chance that ounit you
have uploaded and built with ocaml 3.08 will work with it. The whole aim of
this stuff is to have all the stuff migrate together in one lump.

But you are right, ideally, we should have a script which sets the right
substitution variables or something in both the .files, the .dirs and the
control file.

> > I was wronged by the output of bjorn's script, which showed a dependency on
> > ocaml >= 3.08, but this is only there because of the build-dependency, which
> > is not taken in account for the testing migration.
>
> Ahh.  Now I see the problem.  Fixed.

Ok, thanks.