Re: Ocaml 3.08, sarge freeze and release schedule.

Hi again,

On Mon, Aug 02, 2004 at 12:12:21PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:

> I would appreciate a status report from everyone here, especially concerning
> the packages that are not yet ready. Also, If you know of debian packages
> which are ocaml related, but not from someone active here, please mention them
> too.

I just uploaded into the tools section of our svn archive a (quiet
trivial) script to check for available packages that depend on
ocaml(-base)(-nox), or on a particular version therof:

show-ocaml-depends <ocaml-version>

In the output for 3.07 I see only two non-regulars of this list:

  Package: planets
  Maintainer: Martin Pitt <mpitt@debian.org>
  Depends: tk8.4, ocaml-base-3.07

Martin has uploaded a version for ocaml 3.08 yesterday evening -> fixed

  Package: ara
  Maintainer: Thomas Schoepf <schoepf@debian.org>
  Depends: ocaml-base-3.07

This package has a Serious bug fixed in NMU since 297 days! This
package may be abandonend, and may require another NMU to update
for 3.08. I'll file a serious bug for this against ara, and
anounce a NMU if this is not fixed one week from now. However, since
I will be on vacation then, someone else has to do the NMU if
necessary next week.

-Ralf.