Ocaml 3.08, sarge freeze and release schedule.

Hello,

It seems that the sarge non base or standard packages freeze will be 22 days
after the 2 of august, which brings us to around the 24 of august.

given the 10 day testing wait, and a few slack days (and the fact that i will
be offline the august 14-15 WE), i would strongly suggest that we put ourself
a deadline of the 12th of august to having all the ocaml 3.08 packages ready.

Any package that at this date will not be ready for ocaml 3.08, i will ask to
be removed from testing, as to not prevent the ocaml 3.08 to enter testing. We
already have around 51 packages waiting for ocaml 3.08, and i have almost
finished readying advi now, so we can hopefully upload it today or tomorrow.

On the legal front, Xavier has tentatively agreed to remove the problematic
clauses of the QPL, and i should get news of him about the emacs files once
Damien comes back from holyday, supposedly on begin of august. Xavier would
perfer to solve this with an ocaml 3.08.1 release, which he told me might
happen before end of august, but this will be too short for our current
release schedule. Hopefully 3.08.1 will not break binary compatibility, or i
am going to strangle them :). Anyway, if it does break binary compatibility,
we will have to backport the interesting stuff on this.

I am following up this issue with both Xavier, and Steve Lanagasek as both
release manager (no more assistant i guess, since aj dropped it) and
contributor to the debian-legal thread. Let's see how things work out.

I would appreciate a status report from everyone here, especially concerning
the packages that are not yet ready. Also, If you know of debian packages
which are ocaml related, but not from someone active here, please mention them
too.

I hope we can make this happen, but as i have other debian duties (d-i and
kernel related mostly), i might not have as much time for following up on
ocaml as i would have liked, so i count on all of you to help me out.