Re: lablgtk2 -> lablgtk transition.

On Thu, Jul 15, 2004 at 03:42:01PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Altough it is still unanounced, lablgtk upstream has released lablgtk
> 2.4.0. I don't know what that means with regard to lablgtk1
> compatibility, but i will probably have the lablgtk package be this new
> lablgtk2 descendent, and provide a lablgtk1 package for backward
> compatibility.

Hello,

Well, at least for package mldonkey, there is still package using
lablgtk ( version 1 ). Off course, i can patch this kind of package, but
i also think that there is package using lablgtk2 ( ie not lablgtk ),
taking for example camlimages...

Well, i am not an expert, but i think that the current split
lablgtk/lablgtk2 is accepted and changing this could lead to more
disturbance than advantages... Maybe you have better reason than mine to
do this transition... Could you just told us what does involve ( in good
) this transition ?

Regard
Sylvain Le Gall