Re: Coq & ocaml 3.08

> > When will be the release of the new coq ? Any time schedule ?
>
>  No time schedule has been decided officially, but the next week has
>  been given indicated to me. (There are still a few bugs open in the
>  bug tracking system that deserves a fix.)
>
> > I guess they were waiting for the ocaml 3.08 release to make such an
> > announcement ?
>
>  No, they were not (I have joined the team and I share the office with
>  the guy that makes the releases --- and that is now on vacation).
>  Indeed I think that work is needed to port it to 3.08.

I think that the only main change of camlp4 is that locations are now
handled in OCaml (using Lexing.position instead of int). Do you really
think it would take so much time to have COQ compiling with 3.08?

>  The suggestion for Samuel was to start packagint the current 3.08
>  stable release since the new upstream tarball will be almost equal
>  to the old one (but for the release change and the few bug fixes).
>  However, I think that the 3.08 debian package would break this
>  suggestion ;-(

In fact, I already have a package ready for COQ. I can import it into
the svn if you want.

Sam.