Re: splitting up the ocaml package: summary

On Fri, Jun 11, 2004 at 03:21:49PM -0400, Mike Furr wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-06-11 at 14:20, sylvain.le-gall@polytechnique.org wrote:
> > liblabltk-ocaml                              labltk stublibs
> > liblabltk-ocaml-dev     liblabltk-ocaml      labltk header
> I wouldn't mind those, except it might not be clear if this was a
> different Tk lib than that distributed with ocaml.

We don't care, since ocaml is going to pull it in anyway.

> > libbase-extra-ocaml                          extra stublibs
> > libbase-extra-ocaml-dev libbase-extra-ocaml  extra header
> I think this name makes no sense.  having 'base' and 'extra' together
> is confusing.

I agree on this one. If anything it would be libpervasives-ocaml or
something such, let's just skip the libxxx-ocaml stuff for this one.

> > libgraphics-ocaml                            graphics stublibs
> > libgraphics-ocaml-dev                        graphics header
> Since these would contain only ~5 files each, this seems a little excessive.
> The graphics stuff should be combined with the labltk.

Mmm.

> Well, I'm just about done with the patch using the names as before.  It
> isn't too much of a pain to change the them, but it will be annoying.  I
> don't see the need to change.

Can you submit them so i can have a go at them ? Don't expect an upload
until end of next week though, unles you NMU it.