Re: Recent ITPs...

On Thu, May 27, 2004 at 06:34:16PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> > The resulting images, if the default configuration is used, contain a
> > very complete live rescue filesystem as well as enough to use
> > cdebootstrap to install the base system of all three current i386 trees
> > and amd64 sid.
>
> Sounds very nice, i wonder if a powerpc version of this would be easily
> possible, mmm, ...

Yes, though it would have to be a separate ISO image.  amd64 gets by
because a 64-bit amd64 kernel can still use a 32-bit userland.

Actually, I'm working on the code now to make it more portable to other
archs.  All that it really needs is a module mechanism for bootloaders
and a few updates to the config file format (to permit certain packages
to be installed only for certain archs).

I'll probably be doing Alpha next, and possibly PowerPC after that.
That will exhaust the archs I have access to :-)

-- John