Re: numerix portability: question

On Tue, 11 May 2004, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:

> On Mon, May 10, 2004 at 08:54:17PM -0400, Mike Furr wrote:
> IMO the package should be changed so that Slong module isn't available
> on architecture on which it's not supported. Applications can indeed
> want to build-depend on that module for performance or other reasons,
> this dependency actually can't be expressed in debian.

As it stands now, if the Slong module is not supported on a platform,
there is no mention of it in any .mli.  (The .mli is preprocessed to
include only those modules which are available).  So, I think its okay,
since any program which is in debian(and thus seen by the autobuilders)
will need to handle this by some form of conditional compilation.

-mike