Re: new postgres ocaml bindings

On Tue, May 04, 2004 at 01:37:39PM -0500, John Goerzen wrote:
> FWIW, ocamldbi supports both, and can do so simultaneously.  So, for the
> moment, I suppose I'll build both interfaces; end-user apps will Do The
> Right Thing via deps, I believe.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean with "via deps". I suppose it's
an ocamldbi build time choice which binding is used, right? So as soon
as we will have the new bindings in the archive I suggest you to rebuild
ocamldbi against the new binding only.

> I would hope that people would use OcamlDBI for this and not write code
> for any particular database.

ocamldbi is still not that widespread, I'm sure there's a lot of
database specific code already written.