Re: Godi and Debian

On Wed, Apr 28, 2004 at 09:26:55PM +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 28, 2004 at 09:03:49AM -0500, John Goerzen wrote:
> > I think it would be wise for someone more knowledgable than I on issues
> > of OCaml distribution to participate with the GODI group to make it
> > nicely interoperable with Debian in the future.  Stefano, can I
> > volunteer you? :-)
>
> I had already thought indeed at proposing something to Gerd, but
> actually I don't know enough about GODI to make a coherent proposal. The
> easiest way of integrating the tools actually seems to be via godiva
> since the spec used can be easily converted to a debian package.
>
> Surely integration should go further than that, but I would prefer to
> wait for other comments until I have time to look deeper at GODI. In the
> mean time if someone is willing to ... :-)
>
> Cheers.

Hello,

I have another question :
Should it be possible to have GODI packaged ?

I know aims of GODI should conflicts with the concept of Debian
distribution, but i think there is a need of some users to keep in track
with GODI released package ( as i remember my latest discussion with Mr
Frisch ).

What do you think about it ?

Kind regard
Sylvain Le Gall