Re: meaning of d-o-m maintainership

On Tue, Apr 13, 2004 at 08:52:15PM +0200, Ralf Treinen wrote:
> In the beginning of this collaborative thing I already suggested
> that the first person in the Uploaders field should be considered
> as the "principal maintainer" of the package in this sense. What
> do you think about this?

I haven't checked in policy / developers' reference, but I think the
most semantically "correct" way of expressing what you're just described
is to set the Maintainer field to you and add the rest of the ocaml gang
to the Uploaders field.

In that way you are the maintainer and the other people help you with
uploads from time to time.

Setting Maintainer to d-o-m and put all the ocaml gang in the Uploaders
field seems to be a more "democratic" maintainership method with no
assumed order relationship inside the Uploaders field.