Re: Bug #238097 : annotation problem with tuareg, can an emacs user have a look

On Thu, Mar 18, 2004 at 11:47:36PM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 18, 2004 at 10:34:06PM +0100, Ralf Treinen wrote:

> > > yes, it is in the package tuareg-mode. Someone should reassign the
> > > bug.
> >
> > I'm not sure. The submitter didn't say that he was using tuareg-mode
> > when the error occured (I will ask him).
> >
> > I just tried and couldn't reproduce this error, though I got
> > a different error when I tried to paste with the middle button
> > (same in caml-mode and tuareg-mode):
> >
> > caml-types-explore: Wrong type argument: stringp, nil
>
> In the followup, he said :
>
>   First, please forgive me if my bug report is useless because
>   I'm a newbie in reporting bugs.
>
>   To reproduce the bug (perhaps it's linked with the tuareg-mode package),
>   you
>   only need emacs21, ocaml and tuareg-mode installed.
>   Then you open a empty .ml file in emacs and click on the middle button
>   of your mouse. The message
>   "No annotation file ..."
>   appears under the mode-line of emacs.
>
>   If you think this is normal or related to another package you're not the
>   maintainer of, please, close the bug report and forget my message.

This still doesn't indicate which mode he was *using* when the error
occured. Installing the tuareg-mode package doesn't automatically activate
tuareg-mode on *.ml files for all users.

Anyway, I asked him (and tried to cc to the bug but put an invalid
bug number in the cc, so much for copies to the BTS :-( )

-Ralf.