Re: RFS: headache, ocamlgsl, ocamlgraph, ocamldap, cameleon, camomile

Hello,

On Thu, Mar 18, 2004 at 08:34:24AM +0900, Yamagata Yoriyuki wrote:
> From: "Sylvain LE GALL" <sylvain.le-gall@polytechnique.org>
> Subject: Re: RFS: headache, ocamlgsl, ocamlgraph, ocamldap, cameleon, camomile
> Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 21:52:35 +0100
>
> > By the way : i remove UnicodeData.txt from the source, i replace it at
> > compile time by the coming along with perl-module ( unicore ). This one
> > is more recent ( 4.0.X ), and it permits me to have a very good
> > workaround concerning possible licencing problem ( ie, the problem we
> > have discussed some time ago ).
> >
> > Do you think there should be issue with this replacement ?
>
> You have to replace other files (CaseFolding.txt, PropList.txt, etc)
> in unidata dir to the same newer version.  Also, you should note that
> these files other than UnicodeData.txt have the same licencing
> problem.

Ok, i note that.

> I'm curious about why Perl data do not have a licencing problem.  What
> starategy Perl people used?  Maybe we could solve the problem in the
> same way.

In fact i don't know. But perl-module is DFSG free, so using data from
DFSG free package permit me not to care of licencing for camomile ( ie
the problem doesn't come from this package ).

> > Another point : locales, mappings ( if i remember well ) are data from
> > external source ( IBM and something i don't remember ), where do you
> >  get it ?
>
> The locales come from icu.  (icu-i18ndata in Debian?)  The mappings
> come from libc locales.

Yep, i was thinking of using this one.

> Finally, you may want to check the library after the change.
> http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/camomile/camomile-test-0.4.1.tar.bz2

Ok, i will download the test.

Kind regard
Sylvan Le Gall