Re: RFS: headache, ocamlgsl, ocamlgraph, ocamldap, cameleon, camomile

From: "Sylvain LE GALL" <sylvain.le-gall@polytechnique.org>
Subject: Re: RFS: headache, ocamlgsl, ocamlgraph, ocamldap, cameleon, camomile
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 21:52:35 +0100

> By the way : i remove UnicodeData.txt from the source, i replace it at
> compile time by the coming along with perl-module ( unicore ). This one
> is more recent ( 4.0.X ), and it permits me to have a very good
> workaround concerning possible licencing problem ( ie, the problem we
> have discussed some time ago ).
>
> Do you think there should be issue with this replacement ?

You have to replace other files (CaseFolding.txt, PropList.txt, etc)
in unidata dir to the same newer version.  Also, you should note that
these files other than UnicodeData.txt have the same licencing
problem.

I'm curious about why Perl data do not have a licencing problem.  What
starategy Perl people used?  Maybe we could solve the problem in the
same way.

> Another point : locales, mappings ( if i remember well ) are data from
> external source ( IBM and something i don't remember ), where do you
>  get it ?

The locales come from icu.  (icu-i18ndata in Debian?)  The mappings
come from libc locales.

Finally, you may want to check the library after the change.
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/camomile/camomile-test-0.4.1.tar.bz2

--
Yamagata Yoriyuki