Re: RFS: headache, ocamlgsl, ocamlgraph, ocamldap, cameleon, camomile

On Wed, Mar 17, 2004 at 09:34:03PM +0900, Yamagata Yoriyuki wrote:
> From: "Sylvain LE GALL" <sylvain.le-gall@polytechnique.org>
> Subject: RFS: headache, ocamlgsl, ocamlgraph, ocamldap, cameleon, camomile
> Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 00:33:59 +0100
>
> > I also need help on camomile. The package is pretty big ( 5 Mo ) and
> > contains a lot of file in /usr/share/, but since it is in compiled form,
> > i don't know wether or not it is arch independent or not ( i think so,
> > but i have only a i386 arch ).
>
> They are marshaled data, so they should be arch independent.

Hello,

Ok, since you are upstream, i believe you ;-).

I will split the package in X and X-common in order to save space.

By the way : i remove UnicodeData.txt from the source, i replace it at
compile time by the coming along with perl-module ( unicore ). This one
is more recent ( 4.0.X ), and it permits me to have a very good
workaround concerning possible licencing problem ( ie, the problem we
have discussed some time ago ).

Do you think there should be issue with this replacement ?

Another point : locales, mappings ( if i remember well ) are data from
external source ( IBM and something i don't remember ), where do you
 get it ? I should also remove this one in order to link with data
files coming from other package ( gnumiscfiles for examples ). It will
permit to have a smaller tar.gz.

Thanks for your work
Kind regard
Sylvain Le Gall