svn checkout from alioth

I've been using O'Caml quite heavily during the last few months in my
research, so I thought I would start packaging worthwile libraries as I
come across them.  However, before I do so, I wanted to get a feel of
how you guys have organized your work on alioth, but I'm having trouble
checking things out.  Is it possible for non pkg-ocaml-maint people to
checkout the repository?

I tried using the uri on the alitoh page:
 svn co svn+ssh://svn.debian.org/svn/pkg-ocaml-maint
but I get the error:
svn: Berkeley DB error while opening environment for filesystem
/svn/pkg-ocaml-maint/db:
Permission denied

Does this mean non pkg-ocaml-maint developers can't checkout the
repository?  I admint this is my first attempt using svn(but have used
CVS for many 'a year), so perhaps this is a braindead oversight on my
part.  Any suggestions?

--
Mike Furr <mfurr@debian.org>
1024D/124B26F3 5B9F 587F BC5C D823 50CE  4DB0 ED93 CA29 124B 26F3