Re: ocaml-bdb

On Mon, Mar 08, 2004 at 02:34:59PM +0100, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 08, 2004 at 01:00:39AM -0800, Michael K. Edwards wrote:
> > debian-ocaml-maint team.  Apologies for not finishing it sooner; I
> > promised it several weeks ago but my new day job has been commanding
> > almost all of my keyboard time.
>
> Never mind and many thanks for your work, we (or at least I :-) have
> appreciated it.
>
> But please in the future ask here before publishing somewhere packages
> with Maintainer: field set to "Debian OCaml maintainers ...". Of course
> you're free to do it, but it can lead to confusion, as the first mail of
> this thread proves.

Also, i would greatly appreciate that a prerequisite of such packages
would be to be in the subversion repo on alioth, since it would be
somewhat unfriendly to us to make us responsible of the bug that may be
in the package (as the Maintainer field claims) without the source of
the package being accessible in the canonic way for such packages.