camlp4 syntax extensions' naming convention

On Thu, Mar 04, 2004 at 10:28:39AM -0600, John Goerzen wrote:
> This is now uploaded to incoming.

I know I'm speaking too late, but I've been without network connection
for a while.

I've looked at this package in the past and I planned to add it directly
to the pcre ocaml package. Since I had never had the time to do it, I'm
very happy that you package it.

OTOH this seems to be the first camlp4 syntax extension packaged by
itself alone as a debian package.

I think we should better have a naming convention for camlp4 syntax
estension instead of picking randon names. What about restating our
current libraries naming convention into something like lib<foo>-camlp4?

In this way your package should be named libregexp-pp-camlp4 or, IMO
better, libregexp-camlp4.

This is just a suggestion, but I think we should decide something
_before_ starting to upload camlp4 syntax extensions' package. Once we
reach an agreement we should of course also update the debian ocaml
policy accordingly.

Afterwards John, if you don't mind, I will also ask you to renamed the
binary package of regexp-pp (of course source package name is ok).