Re: Perl4caml packaged

On Fri, Feb 27, 2004 at 08:40:47AM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 27, 2004 at 08:03:42AM +0100, sylvain.le-gall@polytechnique.org wrote:
> > Well, since i have sleep i have some more arguments pro central repo for
> > ocaml :
> > - maintaining package is more a "transverse" work, ie : when you package
> >   ocaml related work, you still do the same thing ( need to check this
> >   and this and this ) with some variant. So when you change the need for
> >   things A to things B ( ocaml-3.07 to ocaml-3.08 ) you could do it in
> >   one pass if you have a central repo, or you need to wait for a
> >   propagation of information if not. To my mind it is really useful to
> >   have a set of package which need the same knowledge in the same place.
>
> Are you proposing a batched auto-upgrade of ocaml version for libraries
> setup ? This would need a bit of doing, but would indeed be a really
> nice thing to have.
>
> Friendly,
>
> Sven Luther

Hello,

Well, i am not formally proposing it, it is just an idea... But i agree
on the fact, it is not a good idea to make it depend on svn...

Well, by the way, maybe this thread rely on a thing i don't have explain
: i am not against arch or svn, or whatever, i only stat that it is a
good thing to have a common place to do the work.

Well of course, debian tools / architecture by itself should be
sufficient, but i was thinking of something more easy to do without
needing to upload things ( ie not NMU ). It is only a personnal case : i
am not a DD and i cannot upload, so every package i build / correct /
break ( yeah i also break things ) need to have a sponsor etc...

With a common place, which i can have access it is simpler to work.

It is just a statement of my personnal opinion... Maybe when -- if -- i
will be a DD, i won't have the same view.

Kind regard
Sylvain LE GALL